Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I know where I'll be!


I got my school assignment! I'll be teaching at El Carme, in Lérida (Lleida in Catalán). I’ll be teaching all ages: Infant (3-5 years old), Primary school (6-12), and Secondary (13-16). Sadly, we don’t get a spring break, but we do have two weeks off each for Christmas and Easter. Plus there is a holiday Dec 8th, so I get that day off too. The school is 1 hour by train from Barcelona, so I can go visit there on the weekends if I want. Or it is an 11 hour drive to Florence, Italy… maybe I can get my host family and/or friends I make to go on a road trip for one of our weeks off ;)  Or, it’s only about 2 ½ hours to get into France.

They said we will be getting our host family information in September, as well as a dossier with information on what to bring, weather in our area, dress code, etc.

In other news… I got my authenticated FBI background check back on Monday, so it took 13 days from when I sent it until it was returned. I was waiting to get it back to buy tickets to Chicago for my appointment, just in case it didn’t come in time. However, now tickets jumped up to about $500 per person to fly to and from Chicago in one day. Ridiculous, says I! So, Ryan and I took off of work Thursday as well and will be driving there. Hopefully all will go well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment